Water is the most precious gift of nature. It has no taste, no smell and no colour. It is found everywhere and the other name of it is life. We find it in tanks, ponds, wells, rivers and springs. Almost three-fourth of the earth is water. We should conserve and save water so as to protect the water environment.
Benefits of Water
Without water nothing can live. Both animals and plants need water to live. It is the source of all life on earth.
We drink water, cook in water, bathe in water and wash in water. We use water to clean our clothes, utensils, floors, etc. The farmers need water for growing crops and plants. It is also used in generating hydro-electricity.
Why we should Save Water?
We should save water on account of following reasons:
- To ensure adequate supply of water for our future generation.
- Though a large quantity of water can be recycled, but it consumes large amount of power, energy and money.
- Clean water in lakes, oceans, rivers ensures healthy life of water animals.
- Millions of people around the world are still deprived of clean and safe drinking water.
How to Save Water?
- Stop the misuse of water.
- Manage the usage of water properly.
- Stop discharging pollutants without proper treatment.
- Take efforts in maintaining the quality of water.
- Stop wastage of water in our toilet.
- Promote rain-water harvesting and irrigation projects.
Last update: 03.08.2015
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and ArticlesTagged With: Water
Short Essay on 'Save Water, Save Earth' (200 Words)Short Essay on 'Save Water, Save Earth' (200 Words)
Water is the most essential component of life and is vital for sustenance. The importance of water in our diet is apparent as it helps the body to perform specific metabolic tasks and regulates our body temperature, moreover water is unique as it's density is similar to that of cell protoplasm. There is no doubt that water is everywhere and it is very important to our Earth and the life inhabiting it. Water contains no calories and is a significant factor in losing weight. It is the key component in determining the quality of our lives and is a universal solvent.
We should teach children to turn off faucets tightly after use, adjust sprinklers to water your lawn. Plant in the fall when conditions are cooler and collect water used for rinsing fruits and vegetables to water house plants, wash your pets outdoors in an area of your lawn that needs water and repair leaking pipes, harvest rain water. People use up our planets fresh water faster than it can naturally be replenished so, save water for the Earth, family and community. Cultural views of water are based on predominent religious views, like the Ganges river in Hinduism. Water is known as the elixir of life. So Conserve water to save life.