Child care resume sample
View this sample resume for child care, or download the child care resume template in Word.
Working with children is no easy feat. And to be considered for top child care jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a child care worker that Isaacs created below, or download the child care resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn about personal service careers and search for child care jobs on Monster.
Child care resume template
Sometown, GA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL | Website | Yelp Reviews
CHILD CARE PROFESSIONAL
Dedicated provider of child care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers as owner of a licensed home daycare. Earned a 3-star quality rating from Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning and maintain 5-star Yelp and Google reviews. Trusted by parents to ensure the positive development of their children in a safe and secure environment.
ABC Home Daycare Center · Sometown, GA
Owner & Child Care Provider (Full-time), 2011 to Present
Founded and grew licensed home daycare from startup to become a thriving child care center operating 5 days per week from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Provide high-quality care for infants and children ranging from 6 weeks to age 5; supervise child care assistants; and oversee daily business operations (e.g., state and federal compliance, bookkeeping, records management, marketing, sales and parent communications).
- Transformed ground floor of 2-story residence into a daycare center, with 1,600+ sq. ft. designated solely for child care purposes¾more than 2x the space allotted by typical home daycare centers.
- Developed a loyal clientele and strong referral base, resulting in filled-to-capacity operations.
- Created daily schedule and centers for playtime, mealtime, circle-time, naptime, crafts and other activities. Provided the structure, consistency, socialization and warm environment children need to excel.
- Implemented preschool curriculum and learning stations modeled after state standards to advance kindergarten-readiness. Won rave reviews from parents as well as state agency inspectors for this value-adding program.
- Achieved top ratings on scheduled and unscheduled GA Department of Early Care and Learning inspection visits.
DEF Maternity Home · Sometown, GA
Child Care Instructor & Weekend Supervisor (Part-time), 2016 to Present
Work two weekends per month within church-run residential home for teenage mothers. Supervise up to 15 expectant/new moms and conduct ongoing classes addressing child care topics.
- Taught young mothers how to properly care for their children, from feeding, diapering and bathing to maintaining healthy nutrition and administering basic first aid.
- Provided counseling to teens on life decisions; coached moms with older children on positive discipline best-practices; monitored chore schedules; and led fun, engaging group activities.
Teach Sunday School and Vacation Bible School at XYZ Church, 2013 to Present
GHI High School · Sometown, GA · High School Diploma
Certifications: CPR, First Aid and Basic Life Support, American Red Cross
Child Care Worker Cover Letter
Child Care Workers supervise children when parents and other family members are not available. They are responsible for assisting children with basic needs as well as monitoring their emotional development. A well-written resume for Child Care Worker usually mentions the following duties and responsibilities: ensuring safety of children, changing diapers, helping children with hygiene, preparing and serving meals, supervising children during playtime, and maintaining records of children’s progress.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following skills:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory abilities
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Attention to safety
- Patience and empathy
- A good energy level
- Instructional skills
- Physical fitness
- Emotional stability
Similar qualities specific to Child Care Workers can be consulted in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Child Care Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Sommers:
When I saw your posting in search of a new Child Care Worker, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With my solid background in child care and babysitting for children of all ages—coupled with my college coursework in early education and my caring personality—I am confident that I can provide excellent child care at Blossom Daycare in this role.
My background includes excellent experience in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children ranging in age from newborn through ten years. At the YMCA of North Portland, I excelled in a three-year role providing overarching child care support in parents’ absense and acquired key skills in organizing recreational activities, preparing and serving snacks, cleaning toys, setting up special projects, and facilitating children’s social development. I have also delivered child care support to numerous families over the past twelve years in various babysitting and nannying capacities, using my patient and fun-loving nature to earn children’s and parents’ trust and build long-standing relationships. Additionally, I have key experience helping young children through separation anxiety situations, using distraction and refocussing techniques to help kids through those tough emotions.
A few highlights of my experience include:
- Teaching children about various health and personal habits, including eating, resting, and toilet training.
- Reading to children and leading them in diverse activities such as arts and crafts, songs, and outdoor play.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education at Seattle City College.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating superior organization, leadership, and communication skills.
My previous child care skills and experience, along with my positive attitude and friendly personality, position me to excel in this role with Blossom Daycare. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you very much, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Anna D. Martinez